Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ode to Art



O gentle Art!
My one true love,
Each day I pray,
The gods above,
Would let you know,
Just how I feel,
Each time a glimpse
Of you I steal.


O darling Art,
I look at you,
And wonder if
You see me too.
O If you only knew
The time I’d spent,
Observing you
To great extent.

O cherished Art,
I’m always there,
At the gallery,
Were you unaware?
I've stared at you,
With adoring eyes,
And probed for meaning
In your shape and size.

O beloved Art!
I beg of you,
Reveal to me,
Your hidden truth.
I need to know,
What hides behind,
That chiseled mask,
And sculpted mind.

O glorious Art,
I must know more,
About your past
And inner core.
Give me context,
And show me style,
Explain to me,
Your inner guile.

O mild Art,
What would I do
If I could never
Look at you?
You flood my thoughts,
And fill my dreams,
In ever-flowing,
Brush-stroked streams!

O wondrous Art,
You touch my soul,
You give me peace,
And make me whole.
The feelings you
Instill in me,
Are like a boisterous,
Raging sea!

O treasured Art,
So near my heart,
Don’t ever let us,
Be apart.
And one day soon,
You’ll come to learn,
How much for you,
My heart does yearn.

O dearest Art!
I love you so,
You warm my heart,
And make it glow;
No matter where
You may reside,
I hope you know,
I’ll be close by.

O precious Art,
Come home with me,
You’d look your best,
With me, you’ll see!
I have the perfect
Place for you,
To complement
Your shape and hue.


O tender Art,
I must confess,
I love you more
Than I can stress.
Now don't be scared,
I mean no harm,
Just follow me,
There's no alarm.

O faithful Art,
You must be mine,
I have to have you,
--Yes, it's time!
There's no denying
I'm your fate,

And that we, dear Art,
Make perfect mates!


















This is Art, he's a gallery curator.




**In case you haven't figured it out, this post was a bit of a joke and obviously an attempt to play on the word "Art".  Art is not a real person, nor is he a real curator (though I suppose somewhere in the world it's possible a man could exist with the name Art and also be a curator,  but I am certain THIS guy isn't him).  I also realise my poem is quite terrible and that it is worthy of the utmost criticism.  However, since I've never claimed to be a poet, I won't apologise for creating the awful thing either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment